Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Triumph over turtle troubles!

Wow. Been away from here way too long.

I have excuses, but I won't bore you with those.

Instead, I shall share my newest painting! I do believe this is my second most favorite painting that I've ever done. Funny that. I really struggled with this one, thinking at one point I might even scrap the whole idea. It was frustrating. I knew I had to paint sea turtles. Couldn't get the little buggers out of my head. They wouldn't let me move on to something else. I just kept slinging paint, getting irritated, slinging more paint, irritated again ... roller coaster ride. I bet I started over at least five or six times.

Then one afternoon I was online, looking at photos of sea turtles and stumbled across Templeton Rye Blog and The Adventures of Templeton the Turtle ...


Sweet wee hatchling turtle. I melted. I also had an idea. I printed out that photo and was off to the studio!

I started with the background. Wave meeting sand ...


Added the turtle ...


Basic turtle close-up ...


Wave close-up ...


Turtle detail ...


Turtle with necklace chain ...


Finished painting ...


I have yet to come up with a good title for this one. I haven't even put wire on to hang it. Maybe I'll go do that now ...

Namaste', y'all ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the photos of the turtle.

I know your blog from Blog Catalog.
Please visit my blog.